Atlas EnergyShield CGF Pro (formerly Rboard Pro) is composed of a Class A fire rated closed cell polyisocyanurate (polyiso) foam core faced with a high performance coated glass facer on the front and back. EnergyShield CGF Pro combines high R-value, Class A durable glass facers, and water resistive barrier attributes in a high performance rigid insulation board. Panel sizes are 4ʹ by 8ʹ or 4ʹ by 9ʹ. Panels can be supplied in nominal 16ʺ or 24ʺ widths for use in cavity wall applications. Custom sizes are also available.
|R-VALUE1,2||NOMINAL BOARD THICKNESS|
1Conditioned thermal values were determined by ASTM Test Method C 518 at 75° mean temperature. Test specimens were conditioned in accordance with procedures outlined in ASTM C1289, Section 184.108.40.206.
2“R” means resistance to heat flow. The higher the R-value, the greater the insulating power.
3Other sizes available upon request. Contact your local Atlas sales office.
EnergyShield CGF Pro is recommended for use in both commercial and residential applications due to the Class A fire rating.
Common applications include:
- Exterior cavity walls
- Exterior sheathing for walls framed with wood or steel studs
- Exterior or interior Cl (continuous insulation) for emu/block/concrete wall systems
- Exterior Cl for installation over wood or gypsum sheathings
- Use over existing cladding to improve energy efficiency and provide a level surface prior to installing new cladding
- Interior walls only, or interior ceilings only, without requiring a code approved thermal barrier (approval per NFPA 286) in certain building types
|PROPERTY||TEST METHOD||TEST METHOD MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS|
|FLAME SPREAD||ASTM E84||<25|
|SMOKE DEVELOPMENT||ASTM E84||<450|
|MOISTURE VAPOR TRANSMISSION
(ASTM E96 DESICCANT METHOD)
|ASTM E96||1.2 Perm at 1-inch|
|WATER ABSORPTION||ASTM C209||<1% by Volume
*Typical Results <0.5% by Volume
|DIMENSIONAL STABILITY||ASTM D2126||<2% Linear Change
*Typical Results <1% Linear Change
|SERVICE TEMPERATURES||–||-100°F to +250°F
(-73°C to 122°C)
1Numerical ratings are not intended to reflect performance under actual fire conditions. Flame spread index of ≤75 and smoke development ≤450 meet code requirements for foam plastic roof insulation. Codes exempt foam plastic insulation when used in FM 4450 or UL 1256. Physical properties listed above are presented as typical average values as determined by accepted ASTM test methods and are subject to normal manufacturing variation.
- ASTM C1289, Type II, Class 2
- NFPA 285 (consult Atlas for our extensive list of approved assemblies)
- ASTM E84 Flame Spread, less than 25
- ASHRAE 90.1 / ASHRAE 189.1 / IECC / IGCC Continuous Insulation Standards
- International Building Code (IBC), Section 2603
- International Residential Code (IRC), Section R316
- Water Resistive Barrier ICC-ES ESR-1375
- California State Insulation Quality Standards and Title 25 Foam Flammability Criteria (T 1231)
- UL Listed for flame Spread, see BRYX.R13089
- UL Standard 263 (ASTM) E119) hourly rated wall approvals (see UL Online Directories for 13 designs)
- PE Evaluation of fire properties, see TER 1306-03
The configuration of weather resistive barriers and/or air barriers used in conjunction with EnergyShield CGF Pro is the responsibility of the designer. Atlas recommends sealing into rough opening flashing and to other portions of the building, including the roof and below grade. Atlas EnergyShield CGF Pro coated glass-mat facers are compatible with most standard joint fillers, sealants and adhesives. Consult the product manufacturer for specific compatibility.
Atlas Technical Bulletins
PIMA Technical Bulletins
Concrete Masonary Unit (CMU)