The GREENGUARD Certification Program
Atlas Roofing Corporation is committed to environmental responsibility. Atlas has a longstanding partnership with our customers, vendors, and industry associates collectively influencing and driving long-term sustainable change and innovation while embedding value into our products and the work that we do every day.
UL GREENGUARD Standards:
GREENGUARD Certification standards are nationally recognized voluntary standards which establish requirements for low-emitting products used in indoor environments, such as building materials, finishes, furnishings, cleaning products and electronic equipment. Emissions criteria may vary based on product formulation and use. These standards are maintained by UL Environment and incorporate health-based emissions criteria established by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), State of California and other reputable public health agencies.
What is GREENGUARD, GREENGUARD Gold and Microbial Resistance Claim Validation?
UL Microbial Resistance Claim Validation:
A testing protocol has been established to determine how susceptible or resistant a product may be to mold growth. Based on ASTM Standard D 6329, this test is designed specifically to address indoor air quality (IAQ) issues.
Simply put, GREENGUARD Certification ensures that a product meets some of the world’s most rigorous and comprehensive standards for low emissions of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) into indoor air.
In addition to limiting the emissions of more than 360 different VOCs and other chemical emissions, GREENGUARD Gold Certified products must also comply with requirements of the State of California’s Department of Public Health “Standard Method for the Testing and Evaluation of Volatile Organic Chemical Emissions from Indoor Sources Using Environmental Chambers, Version 1.1 (2010)” (also known as California Section 01350) for testing chemical emissions from building products used in schools and other environments. GREENGUARD Gold Certified products can be used to earn valuable credits in the CHPS Best Practices Manual for K-12 schools, the US Green Building Council’s LEED® Green Building Rating Systems, the Green Guide for Healthcare, the NAHB Green Building Guidelines, Green Globes, Regreen and many other building codes, standards and specifications.
Where are the Microbial Resistance Claim Validations, GREENGUARD Certificates and GREEGUARD Gold Certificates located?
UL SPOT Online Database – The Largest Credible Product Sustainability Information Tool… is a web-based product sustainability information tool that will facilitate the selection of credible green products and enable the design community to apply that information into the Building Information Modeling (BIM) workflow.
GREENGUARD and GREENGUARD Gold Sustainable Credits Categories.
- WELL ~ WELL Feature 4 : Part 4
- LEED v4 – Interior Design & Construction ~ EQ Credit 4: Indoor Air Quality Assessment – Option 2 Air Testing
- LEED v4 – Interior Design & Construction ~ EQ Credit 2: Low-Emitting Materials
- LEED v4 – Interior Design & Construction ~ EQ Credit 1 – Enhanced Indoor Air Quality Strategies-Option 2D
- International Green Construction Code ~ A108.5 : TVOC Project Elective
- International Green Construction Code ~ 806.6 : Insulation
- Green Guide for Health Care 2.2 ~ EP Credit 3.2 : Wall Systems
- LEED v4 – Homes ~ EQ Credit 7: Low-Emitting Materials
- LEED v4 – Homes ~ EQ Credit 2: Contaminant Control – Option 4 Air Testing
- LEED v4 – Building Design & Construction ~ EQ Credit 4: Indoor Air Quality Assessment – Option 2 Air Testing
- LEED v4 – Building Design & Construction ~ EQ Credit 1: Enhanced Indoor Air Quality Strategies – Option 2 Additional Enhanced IAQ Strategies – D
- LEED 2009 for Commercial Interiors ~ SS Credit 1: Option L : Insulation
- LEED 2009 for Commercial Interiors ~ ID Credit : Insulation
- LEED 2009 for New Construction ~ ID Credit : Insulation
- LEED 2009 for Core & Shell ~ ID Credit : Insulation
- LEED 2009 for Schools ~ IEQ Credit 4.6 : Ceiling and Wall Systems
- LEED 2009 for Schools ~ ID Credit : Insulation
- LEED 2009 for Existing Buildings ~ ID Credit : Insulation
- NAHB Green Building Standard (ICC 700) ~ 901.11 : Insulation
- LEED v4 – Operations & Maintenance ~ MR Credit 2: Purchasing – Facility Maintenance and Renovation – Option 1